Working in and across Asia Pacific, Europe, North America and South Africa, Barbara has held a variety of senior commercial roles in companies such as MSA, Walker International, Tetra, Unisys, Pacific Systems, Gartner and Corporate Executive Board prior to joining CIO Connect in the UK.
She has held senior leadership roles as Head of Practice, Head of Delivery and Head of Development. During her career she has implemented more than 500 ERP systems as programme director, project manager or subject matter expert. As an early mover in the SaaS market place, she led the design, development and release of one of the first successful solutions in this area.
While with Gartner, Barbara managed the Best Practices Programmes for Outsourcing, Enterprise Architecture, Security and ERP. Barbara led and worked across the world in consulting practices engaged in major IT programme delivery in both bespoke software development and major ERP implementations. Her clients include major airlines, oil and gas, financial institutions, governments, logistics and global process industry organisations.
Working with you
With over 30 years in IT, Barbara is one of the most experienced executive advisors to CIOs and their teams. She works with more than 200 regional and global organisations in her role as Advisory Services Director and Managing Director at CIO Connect.
Specialising in quality of delivery and gaining understanding and buy-in across the business from better communication and delivery Barbara will support you and your team in:
- Defining and marketing the future focused technology strategy that underpins the organisation’s growth.
- Defining, planning and delivering transition programmes across the whole organisation that deliver the digital strategy.
- Aligning the IT / IS function and teams with the business goals.
- Developing a better understanding of and communication with different functions of the business Identifying and developing governance and performance metrics to show value of IS and provide a platform for improvements.
- Developing sound programme management to run projects and outsourcing partners more effectively.