eG Innovations Offers Industry-First, Native Performance Monitoring for Cloud-Driven Citrix Desktop and Application Virtualization
Iselin, NJ – January 3, 2018 – eG Innovations, a leading IT performance management software provider, today announced general availability of its latest product, eG Enterprise 6.3, that breaks important new ground for Citrix-driven organizations. eG Enterprise 6.3 offers the industry’s first full-featured performance monitoring capability for Citrix virtualized desktops and applications managed by a cloud service. In addition, the new release includes dozens of enhancements that expand monitoring reach across the entire Citrix service delivery chain, provide greater depth of visibility into each tier of a Citrix infrastructure, and increase the speed of performance issue resolution.
“As IT organizations look take advantage of Citrix Cloud services to simplify administration, end-to-end performance management is growing in importance,” said Srinivas Ramanathan, chief executive officer, eG Innovations. “Cloud deployment and management of Citrix services adds additional domains of ownership. Slowdowns can originate from any tier in the service delivery chain, including cloud-hosted components and platforms. eG Enterprise 6.3 now offers monitoring of all aspects of Citrix user experience, proactive anomaly detection and instant root-cause identification across cloud-delivered Citrix deployments, just as it does for traditional on-premises Citrix environments. We’re extremely pleased to provide this next-generation feature set for organizations that are considering an expansion to the cloud in 2018, and beyond.”
Native Monitoring for Citrix Cloud
Citrix Cloud offers organizations the ability to deploy Citrix XenApp and XenDesktop as cloud-hosted services, increasing IT efficiency and scalability. eG Enterprise 6.3 is the first third-party solution to monitor performance of key elements of the Citrix Cloud control plane, the Cloud Connectors and the Citrix resource plane, providing comprehensive performance visibility and automatic diagnosis of Citrix Cloud performance issues as they affect end-user experience.
Monitoring Cloud Workspaces on AWS and Microsoft Azure
For organizations that are hosting virtual workspaces in a public cloud, eG Enterprise 6.3 introduces a new monitoring capability to track workspace utilization and performance. Administrators get instant insight into user experience, session performance, resource utilization, application activity and user behavior just as they would for an on-premise deployment. Cloud workspace monitoring is compatible with all public clouds, including AWS, Microsoft Azure, and Oracle Cloud.
eG Enterprise 6.3: Key Enhancements for Cloud and On-Premises Performance Monitoring
• Monitoring support for the latest version of Citrix XenApp and XenDesktop, 7.16
• Performance monitoring for Citrix HDX adaptive transport and Enlightened Data Transport (EDT)
• In-depth visibility into the performance of Citrix Linux VDAs, NetScaler SDX and NVIDIA GPUs
• Expanded instrumentation to monitor AWS services and support for Microsoft Azure Resource Manager
• Full-stack application performance monitoring (APM) and diagnostic support for Microsoft .NET packaged and custom applications
• Out-of-the-box support for many new network devices and storage systems, including Pure Storage and Dell EMC XtremIO All-Flash Array Storage
• Extended scalability with the new “eG SuperManager,” which aggregates and consolidates monitoring data from multiple eG Enterprise deployments into a unified dashboard